THE ACADEMY OF FASHION AWARDED THE MOST STYLISH AND SUCCESSFUL BULGARIANS WITH “BG FASHION ICON 2019”
The Academy of Fashion, with Chairman Professor Lubomir Stoykov, awarded the most stylish and successful Bulgarians for the eleventh consecutive year. Raina Kabaivanska, pop singer and actress Poli Genova, Vasil Petrov and actor Ivaylo Zahariev were the winners in the “Art” category of the competition. Ivet Lalova won in the "Sport" category, television host Tsvetanka Rizova - "Litse v litse”, “BTV” received the award in the “Media” category and Boyana Sharlopova - member of the board of directors of “Sharlopov Group” and Maxim Behar won in the “Business” category.
The awards were handed out by previous winners of “BG Fashion Icon”: Yuliana Doncheva, Maya Antova, Valeria Veleva, Yoana Bukovska-Davidova, Kapka Amzina and Iva Ekimova. The ceremony was also attended by: Miroslav Pechev, owner of “Sofstock LTD”, official representative for “Lavazza Coffee” in Bulgaria, Italian designer and stylist Alberto Vedelago and Luboslava Mitkova, PR expert at “Konica Minolta Bulgaria”. The management of the Academy of Fashion will personally hand out the awards to Raina Kabaivanska and Ivet Lalova when they are present in Bulgaria, as they were busy abroad during the official ceremony.
At the beginning of the ceremony Prof. Lubomir Stoykov pointed out: “I am convinced that the “BG Fashion Icon” award contributes to raising the taste and aesthetic demand of the new generation, as well as to better understand the unity between inner and outer beauty, between professional success and style. I believe that the winners of 2019 will join the three major social causes of the Academy of Fashion - the support of young designers and students of fashion, the upholding of the values of ethical and sustainable fashion, and the relentless fight against fake celebrities, kitsch and tastelessness. I believe that together we can contribute to a more humane, moral and beautiful world!”
Updated collections of famous designers were presented at the fashion show by the Academy of Fashion just before the official ceremony. These included: Radoslava Lazarova – “Best Young Designer” for 2019, who opened the fashion show with selected proposals by her fashion house “Blink” from the collection “Reflections” 2020. The “Golden Needle” award winner - designer Hristo Chuchev presented an up to date official collection. Fashion house “Paloma Fashion” with designer Polya Kinova, awarded with the “Golden Needle” for bridal fashion in 2019 also presented a part of her new collection of wedding dresses for 2020.
Three brands presented individual collections for the first time during the fashion show of the Academy of Fashion. World renowned fashion brand “Sherri Hill”, represented by “Briliantin – Burgas”, “Terry`s Fashion Style” with designer-artist Terry Karaivanova presented the collection “Flowers and Butterflies” - formal and graduation clothing for the 2019-2020 season. The designer team of Valentina Docheva and Yoana Docheva - mother and daughter, showed off unique dresses of the luxury fashion brand “Myoo Couture”, created in Berlin in 2016.
The young designer Doroteya Borisova also made her debut appearance at “BG Fashion Icon 2019”.
Axel Hardy, winner of the “Golden Needle 2019” award for fashion innovation, presented the women's collection “Her” - completely seamless, made of fine knitwear with 0% waste. The collection was created especially for the fashion show of “BG Fashion Icon 2019”. Dilyana Mateeva, designer of the fashion brand “Art.Look”, presented the “Lady’s rules” collection for the fall-winter 2019-2020 season, inspired by the struggle for women’s equality. Desislava Karadamianova and Nikola Karadamianov, designers of fashion house “Banderol” showed off the “Moonlight” 2020 collection with bold, different and provocative women’s dresses and men’s suits inspired by the moon’s glow. Previous winners of the “Golden Needle” award also had a chance to present one proposal from their arsenal chosen specifically for the event: Nevena Nikolova, Jana Jekova, Evgenia Jivkova, Sofia Borisova, Mariela Gemisheva, Milka Alexandrova-Buchi, Antonia Yordanova, Teodora Spasova, Elena Zlateva, Megi Petkova and Nikolay Bozhilov.
Students from the “National Academy of Art” had the opportunity to make their debut at the fashion show of the event on behalf of the invitation of Prof. Lubomir Stoykov: Anelia Antova, David Stoyanovski (Serbia), Irina Matov (Serbia), Lora Lilova, Maria Rupova, Tao Qingyu (China), Liu Yingjun (China), Rima Yunis (Israel), Ivanina Ivanova, Maria Atanasova and Mohammed Sahib (India). Among the guests who attended the event were: Maria Grozdeva, Esil Duran, Gergana Tashkova, Stavri Kalinov, Dr. Hodor Fakih, Pavel Tsvetkov and Edita Tsvetkova, Dr. Polina Panyova, Stela Yordanova, Rositsa Stoycheva, Madlena Ivanova, Veneta Raykova, Tsveti Radoycheva, Yavor Tsakov, Alten Aliyeva, Rositsa Rangelova, Sevdalina Dyakova and others.
The host of “BG Fashion Icon 2019” was the charming Geri Doncheva, who was dressed by designer Radoslava Lazarova during the duration of the event. The preparation and choreography of the show were entrusted to Boyan Karaivanov.
"BG Fashion Icon 2019" is realized with the kind courtesy of: “Lavazza Coffee”, “A1”, “Konica Minolta Bulgaria”, “Vitosha Park Hotel”, “Sagax”, “Vinopoly”, “Nedelya”, “Kwiat”, “MAC Cosmetics”, “Hair Box”, “V&A Glamor”, “Rai Catering”, “Jardin Florist” and “Fendora”.
1. The winners in the ranking of the Academy of Fashion - the new winners of the award “BG Fashion Icon 2019” together with Prof. Lubomir Stoykov (from left to right) - Maxim Behar, Poli Genova, Vasil Petrov, Tsvetanka Rizova, Boyana Sharlopova and Ivaylo Zahariev.
2. The winners in the ranking of the Academy of Fashion - the new winners of the award “BG Fashion Icon 2019” (from left to right) - Maxim Behar, Poli Genova, Vasil Petrov, Tsvetanka Rizova, Boyana Sharlopova and Ivaylo Zahariev.
3. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov, Poli Genova and Miroslav Pechev (from left to right).
4. Pop singer and actress Poli Genova - winner of “BG Fashion Icon 2019” in the “Art” category.
5. Poli Genova and Prof. Lubomir Stoykov.
6. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov, Kapka Amzina, Vasil Petrov and Alberto Vedelago (from left to right).
7. Vasil Petrov - winner of “BG Fashion Icon 2019” in the “Art” category.
8. Vasil Petrov and Prof. Lubomir Stoykov.
9. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov, Ivaylo Zahariev and Yoana Bukovska-Davidova.
10. Ivaylo Zahariev - winner of “BG Fashion Icon 2019” in the “Art” category.
11. Ivaylo Zahariev and Prof. Lubomir Stoykov.
12. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov, Tsvetanka Rizova and Valeria Veleva (left to right).
13. Tsvetanka Rizova - winner of “BG Fashion Icon 2019” in the “Media” category.
14. Tsvetanka Rizova and Prof. Lubomir Stoykov.
15. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov, Maya Antova, Boyana Sharlopova and Luboslava Mitkova.
16. Boyana Sharlopova - winner of “BG Fashion Icon 2019” in the “Business” category.
17. Boyana Sharlopova and Professor Lubomir Stoykov.
18. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov, Yuliana Doncheva, Maxim Behar and Iva Ekimova (left to right).
19. Maxim Behar - winner of “BG Fashion Icon 2019” in the “Business” category.
20. Maxim Behar and Prof. Lubomir Stoykov.
21. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov, Yuliana Doncheva, Maxim Behar and Iva Ekimova (left to right).
22. Winners of “BG Fashion Icon 2019” - Maxim Behar and Poli Genova.
Photo: © Hilife / Academy of Fashion
Read: 2687 times © Fashion Lifestyle Magazine, issue 105, January 2020MORE PUBLICATIONS:
ISSUE 104: ALBERTO VEDELAGO - THE ROLE OF CLOTHING IN BUSINESS SUCCESS
ISSUE 102: SEA BREEZE AND NEW TRENDS AT SUMMER FASHION WEEKEND
ISSUE 102: SUMMER FASHION WEEKEND BEGINS WITH FASHION AND A SUMMER SPIRIT
ISSUE 102: PROGRESS IN THE RELATIONS BETWEEN THE KINGDOOM OF MOROCCO AND BULGARIA
ISSUE 101: SUMMER FASHION PARTY 2019: LOVE, PASSION AND CREATIVITY
ISSUE 101: GLAMOROUS PREMIERE OF THE BOOK "100 MEETINGS WITH ME"