THE ACADEMY OF FASHION SUPPORTS THE PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN.
*The Academy of Fashion Supports The Presidential Campaign For Graduates, Socially Deprived And Void Of Parental Support
The Academy of Fashion, with president Prof. Lubomir Stoykov, participated in the charity initiative Support a Dream by the President of the Republic of Bulgaria Rumen Radev. Ball dresses and prom suits were received by dozens of youngsters who grew up without parents. In partnership with the Academy of Fashion, the campaign was also supported by: fashion house Desizo Monni, designer Jana Jekova, fashion house Romantika fashion with designer Sofia Borisova, Hristo Chuchev and Radoslava Lazarova, designer of fashion house Blink.
Prof. Lubomir Stoykov said: "The Academy of Fashion, which for many years has supported the presidential initiative to support graduates without parents, again did what is necessary to make these freshmen happy and stylish. A big thank you to the Bulgarian fashion brands and designers who responded to my call to take part in this noble activity - Desizo Monni, Jana Jekova, Sofia Borisova, Hristo Chuchev and Radoslava Lazarova!"
President Rumen Radev and his wife, Desislava Radeva, will host the traditional graduation prom for the young people who were raised in institutions, which will take place on May 30th, 2019. More than 100 graduates from 2019 will have their prom evening thanks to the donations within the framework of the Support a Dream initiative. The cost of organizing the festive evening is covered by the money raised. The rest of the money raised will be distributed by the presidential administration as a one-time scholarship between graduates who will continue their education at university or college, and also to the excellent 12th grade students during the school year 2019/2020.
Organizations, businesses and citizens wishing to support the charity initiative Support a Dream can do so by sending funds to the bank account of the President's administration:
IBAN BG 45 BNBG 9661 3000 1909 01
For contact and additional information:
Tel. 02/92 39 268
1. The Presidency of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Photo: © Press Releases
2. Prom proposals by Desizo Monni.
Photo: © Desizo Monni
3. Unique fashion collection Attitude 2020 by designer Sofia Borisova.
Photo: © Ivailo Stanev
4. Moonlight collection with Designer Jana Jekova.
Photo: Archive of Jana Jekova
5. Formal dress by designer Hristo Chuchev.
Photo: © Kostadin Krastev-Koko
6. Formal dress by fashion house Blink with designer Radoslava Lazarova.
Photo: © Ivomir Peshev
Read: 1080 times © Fashion Lifestyle Magazine, issue 101, May 2019
VENETA RAYKOVA TURNS THE LITTLE BLACK DRESS INTO A MODERN GARB
*MEME MORE OPENS A BOUTIQUE IN CHINA
Veneta Raykova, the creator of the fashion brand Meme More, combines the eternity of the world fashion podium - the small black dress, the eternal from Bulgaria - the lush and beautiful folk costume. Veneta Raykova's dresses, which bring mostly Bulgarian spirit and beauty combined with classic style, were demonstrated during a media presentation of the brand. Host the event was Prof. Lubomir Stoykov, President of the Academy of Fashion. He announced that the works of Veneta Raykova have already impressed fashion connoisseurs in China, where a boutique of "Meme More" will be opened in June 2019 in Nanjing.
Veneta Raykova presented the concept of her fashion brand, which incorporates the ancient Bulgarian knowledge, coded and evolved into the beautiful specific combinations of symbols and colors in the Bulgarian embroidery. The garb in all its glamor, jewel and uniqueness is the inspiration for the Meme More dresses. The accent in the design is the fine technique for completing a print with the colors of the tricolor and embroidery, based on the Bulgarian embroidery and stylized according to Veneta Raykova's own vision.
During the presentation, the garment designer explained basic symbols in the Bulgarian embroidery, such as the sun, water, protection, depicted with circles, cross stitch, needles, etc. The main figures in the embroidery are used to portray beautiful stories and wishes about family, generation and gender, health and well-being, fertility and food, protection, etc. Veneta Raykova emphasizes that the talent to beautifully link the elements in the embroidery is genetically embedded in the Bulgarians and she uses her talent to create gowns that carry the power and the messages of the Bulgarian embroidery.
Every dress of Meme More differs not only in terms of design but also of its purpose. The garments are encoded with good wishes, both for health, love, prosperity, etc., as well as for protection, strength, will and beauty. Dresses with embroidered embroidery on embroidery have a triple application - a garment, an amulet and a talisman. Ten gowns, each with their own names: Muskal, Hieroglyph, Shevitsa, Mreja, Rose, Detelina, Garden, Bulgarka, and bridal dress "Apron". Veneta Raykova explained the symbols and their messages in each of the dresses. She also said that the universal meaning of embroidery symbols and signs made a strong impression in China where the Bulgarian embroidery was recognized and identified with elements of local culture.
The dresses of Meme More with elements of Bulgarian embroidery and a print of the colors of the tricolor (white, green, red) according to Veneta Raykova are suitable for a wide range of occasions and events - from family meetings and friendly meetings to business and business engagements at a different level. In this regard, during the presentation, Prof. Lubomir Stoykov gave examples and drew attention to the fact that an increasingly serious trend of meetings between high level state diplomats and various public events officials officially signify their belonging to the respective national identity and culture. According to Prof. Lubomir Stoykov there is a big niche in this direction for realization and development of the ideas of artists such as Veneta Raykova. The World Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup, held in Sofia from April 12th to April 14th, is one of the most prestigious events for which the Meme More dresses are symbolically selected as a garment with a message.
They were part of the team of Mrs. Iliana Raeva, President of the Bulgarian Rhythmic Gymnastics Federation.
Veneta Raykova graduated from a high school specialized with Roman languages with an Italian language profile, followed by specialty "Politics" with specialization "Foreign Policy and National Security" at the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski". On the fashionable terrain Veneta Raykova steps confidently, immersing in the study of Bulgarian embroidery and costumes, but with solid knowledge of Bulgarian customs, traditions and history.
MEME MORE - at the core of the fashion brand are the love for Bulgaria, the admiration for the history and the power of the Bulgarian spirit, the admiration of our cultural and ethnographic heritage, combined with the contemporary views on class, style and national identity. The name Meme More means "a better copy of the original". The word "meme" means "protection". In many cultures such as the Sumerian, Egyptian, Greek, etc., as well as in the Bulgarian, the symbol "mem" has a protective character and is associated with water, and water is a natural means of protection against dangers. Symbolism and semantics are the basis of both the name and the symbol of the brand, as well as the clothes themselves. Veneta Raykova enthuses in the concept of her fashion brand only the most important Bulgarian symbols - sun, water and net (protection).
1. Dresses of "Meme More": "Shevitsa", "Muskal" and "Hieroglyph" (from left to right).
2. Veneta Raykova, creator of the fashion brand "Meme More".
3. Veneta Raykova and Prof. Lubomir Stoykov.
4. Veneta Raykova and Prof. Lubomir Stoykov along with the models Iva Atanasova, Nikol Predyova and Antoaneta Boyanova, who presented the dresses of "Meme More".
5. Veneta Raykova and the models that presented her dresses.
6. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov presented the models with Veneta Raykova's dresses with a print in tricolor.
7. Veneta Raykova and Prof. Lubomir Stoykov.
8. Dress "Muskal" by "Meme More" by author Veneta Raykova.
9. Dress "Kanatica" of "Meme More" by author Veneta Raykova.
10. Veneta Raykova explains the symbols of the embroidery in the dress of "Kanatica".
11. Dress "Hieroglyph" by "Meme More" by Veneta Raykova.
12. "Meme More" “Net” dress with author Veneta Raykova.
13. Dress "Shevitsa" to "Meme More" by author Veneta Raykova.
14. Dress "Rose" by "Meme More" by Veneta Raykova.
15. Dress "Garden" by "Meme More" by author Veneta Raykova.
16. "Detelina" dress by "Meme More" by Veneta Raykova.
17. Dress "Bulgarka" by "Meme More" by author Veneta Raykova.
18. Bridal dress "Apron" by "Meme More" by Veneta Raykova.
19. Dresses of "Meme More" by author Veneta Raykova.
20. Veneta Raykova and Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with the models Iva Atanasova, Nikol Predjova and Antoaneta Boyanova, who presented the dresses of "Meme More".
21. Mila Zaharieva, Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Veneta Raykova.
22. Mila Zaharieva and Veneta Raykova.
23. Veneta Raykova and Antoaneta Boyanova with the “Muskal” dress.
24. Veneta Raykova and Iva Atanasova with the “Hieroglyph” dress.
25. Veneta Raykova and Nikol Predyova dressed with the "Shevitsa" dress.
26. Mila Zaharieva, Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Veneta Raykova along with the models that presented the dresses of "Meme More".
Hilife / Ot Igla Do Konetz: 1. – 6.; 8. – 20.; 22. – 26.;
Photo: Ekaterina Titova / Ot Igla Do Konetz: 7; 21
Read: 1099 times © Fashion Lifestyle Magazine, issue 101, May 2019MORE PUBLICATIONS:
ISSUE 100: AXEL HARDY SHOWED OFF KNITWEAR FASHION INNOVATIONS
ISSUE 99: GLAMOROUS FASHION SHOW FOR BG FASHION ICON 2018
ISSUE 98: HRISTO CHUCHEV DRESSED CONTESTANTS AT LADY UNIVERSE
ISSUE 98: STYLE AND BEAUTY IN THE SPECTACLE OF THE BG FASHION ICON
ISSUE 97: HRISTO CHUCHEV TO SHOW HIS BRAND NEW COLLECTION AT SFW AW 2018
ISSUE 97: JENI STYLE WITH DESIGNER EVGENIA ZHIVKOVA PRESENTS THE COLLECTION FANTASY AUTUMN / WINTER 2018/2019
ISSUE 97: FANTASY AND PRACTICALITY IN EVGENIA JIVKOVA’S NEW COLLECTION