PACO RABANNE CONTINUES TO INSPIRE BULGARIAN DESIGNERS
* Prof. Lubomir Stoykov: "The great Paco Rabanne will always inspire with his radical design, his cosmopolitan philosophy and his unconventional thinking!"
** Ina Assa presents a scarf and dress from the avant-garde design guru
The Academy of Fashion honored the memory of the iconic Spanish designer Paco Rabanne (1934 - 2023) during another session of the socio-cultural project "Evenings of Style". Winners of the "Golden Needle" and other talented fashion designers presented outfits inspired and dedicated to the Spanish designer in the capital's Millennium Gallery.
In his speech, Prof. Lubomir Stoykov - the main organizer of the evening in memory of the outstanding designer, emphasized: " The great Paco Rabanne left behind an extremely bright trace that marked two centuries - the second half of the 20th century and the first two decades of the 21st century. It will always inspire with his radical design, his cosmopolitan philosophy and his unconventional thinking. His art did not encourage consumerism and adoration of luxury, but was awe and delight at the limitless possibilities of the creative imagination. As a person, Paco Rabanne, this true colossus of visual culture and challenging forms, was modest, down-to-earth and approachable. He never betrayed the primordial mission of the designer: to provoke, surprise and push forward the development of the art of fashion. Paco Rabanne created clothes from "impossible" materials - metal, paper, wood and even concrete. In a unique way, he mixed the material and the spiritual, the ordinary and the sublime, the everyday and the immortal…”.
In the evening dedicated to Paco Rabanne, several thematically-based works of the "Golden Needle" winners - Ina Assa, Sofia Borisova, Teodora Spasova, Iren Velkovski and Andrews fashion house - were shown. The talented Lia Kamenova, designer of "Reflet", also presented an outfit inspired by the work of the unique artist. Ina Assa - assistant designer at Paco Rabanne's studio (2005 - 2006) and winner of the "Golden Needle" in the "Designer of the Year" category, opened the fashion show by offering a scarf that is made of metallic knit with a band of Swarovski stones and dates from 1989. The second piece, provided to us by our talented designer - one of the sensations of the evening - is a DIY dress by the inimitable Paco Rabanne. It has an A silhouette, with thin straps and each metal circle has holes to hold small gold rings.
Teodora Spasova - designer of the fashion brand "Minoár" and two-time winner of the "Golden Needle", presented a women's silhouette made of silver Fiber bond textures, the author's patented textile, awarded the Academy of Fashion's highest prize for fashion innovation in 2020. Lia Kamenova, designer of the fashion brand "Reflet", presented a look inspired by "Indigo mood” and the 60s of the last century - crushed metal and old denim fabrics.
Fashion house "Andrews" - winner of the "Golden Needle 2022" in the category "Fashion House of the Year - Men's Fashion", presented two outfits from its portfolio. The first outfit is the work of boutique "La Bontè ", which is part of the "Andrews" family since 2021 - an elegant two-piece dress in black color. The outfit is inspired by Paco Rabanne's Long Black Backless Dress. The second piece was for the male audience - a "Ceremony Slim" suit, which is a silver jacket combined with black satin lapels, combined with black shirt and trousers.
Iren Velkovski - designer of the fashion brand "Maison Estrella" and winner of the "Golden Needle 2022" in the "Unique Fashion" category, opted for the "Black Swan" dress, which is one of the emblematic looks of the fashion brand.
At the finale of the fashion review, the three-time winner of the "Golden Needle" Sofia Borisova, offered an official outfit from her latest collection "NOIR ROYAL“, which is a stylish, silver dress in a combination of spectacular lace and natural silk mikado.
The host of the event was the charming Ekaterina Svecheva - face of "Golden Needle 2022", influencer and top model. The patron of the "Evening of Style" was Mr. Hristo Durchev and his company "Balkantel". The refined event was honored by prominent representatives of the media, culture, art, the artistic world and business, including Ani Vladimirova, Prof. Kiril Topalov, Gergana Stoyanova, Mila Zaharieva, Lidiya Angelova, Kristina Nestorova, Antonia Parvanova, Silvia Dzhagarova, Irina Garkova, Kostadin Zhikov and others. Students of Prof. Lubomir Stoykov from the majors "Fashion Design", "Journalism and Media", "Journalism", "Public Relations" at NAA, UNWE and FJMC were also present.
1. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with patron Hristo Durchev, Ina Assa, Stanimira Yotsova, dressed in "La Bonté", Victoria Ivanova, dressed in "Reflet ", Militsa Kazakova, dressed in "Maison Estrella", Madlena Ivanova, dressed in an outfit of Sofia Borisova, Kaya Tsenkova, wearing an outfit by Teodora Spasova and Stoyan Siderov, wearing Andrews.
2. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Gergana Stoyanova.
3. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Ani Vladimirova.
4. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Prof. Kiril Topalov.
5. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Lidiya Angelova.
6. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Hristo Durchev.
7. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Kristina Nestorova.
8. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with the host of the event Ekaterina Svecheva - face of "Golden Needle 2022".
9. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Mila Zaharieva and Prof. Kiril Topalov.
10. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov with Anna Banova and Vasil Banov.
11. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Antonia Parvanova.
12. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with his team.
13. Hristo Durchev during his speech.
14. The host of the event, Ekaterina Svecheva, is the face of "Golden Needle 2022".
15. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Sofia Borisova during the event.
16. Ina Assa presenting a Paco Rabanne loose dress and scarf.
17. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Ina Assa holding a Paco Rabanne scarf.
18. Kaya Tsenkova, wearing an outfit by "Minoàr ".
19. Teodora Spasova and Kaya Tsenkova, wearing her outfit.
20. Victoria Ivanova, who presented an outfit from the fashion brand "Reflet".
21. Lia Kamenova and Viktoria Ivanova, wearing her outfit.
22. Stanimira Yotsova, dressed in an outfit by "La Bontè" and Stoyan Siderov, dressed in "Andrews".
23. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Stanimira Yotsova, dressed in "La Bonté" and Stoyan Siderov, dressed in "Andrews".
24. Militsa Kazakova in an outfit from the fashion house "Maison Estrella".
25. Madlena Ivanova, wearing an outfit by Sofia Borisova.
26. Sofia Borisova and Madlena Ivanova, wearing her outfit.
27. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Militsa Kazakova, dressed in "Maiosn Estrella".
28. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov during the event.
29. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Antonia Parvanova, Mila Zaharieva and Silvia Dzhagarova.
30. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Anna Banova, Vasil Banov and Ina Assa.
31. The guests did not hide their excitement from the evening dedicated to Paco Rabanne.
32. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with patron Hristo Durchev, Ina Assa, Stanimira Yotsova, wearing "La Bonté", Victoria Ivanova, wearing "Reflet ", Lia Kamenova, Militsa Kazakova, wearing "Maison Estrella", Sofia Borisova, Madlena Ivanova, dressed in her outfit, Teodora Spasova, Kaya Tsenkova, dressed in her outfit and Stoyan Siderov, dressed in "Andrews".
Photo: © Alma Communication / Romeo Cholakov: 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 13, 16, 17, 19, 23, 24, 26, 29, 30, 31, 32
Photo: © Alma Communication / Petar Stanev: 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, 20, 21, 22, 25, 27, 28
Read: 213 times © Fashion Lifestyle Magazine, issue 123, April 2023MORE PUBLICATIONS:
ISSUE 121: THE EVENING OF STYLE STRIKES THE GONG OF FORMAL FASHION
ISSUE 120: FUTURISTIC CHIC IS THE HOT AESTHETIC HIT
ISSUE 117: THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS FOR STYLE "BG FASHION ICON 2022" ARE ALREADY A FACT
ISSUE 114: AXEL HARDY: “FEMA” - AN APPEAL FOR FEMININITY
ISSUE 112: IT'S TIME FOR AN EXQUISITE FASHION SHOW FOR THE MOST STYLISH BULGARIANS