THE EVENING OF STYLE STRIKES THE GONG OF FORMAL FASHION
* Prof. Lubomir Stoykov: "Formal clothing has the mission to visually emphasize the significance of the specific moment!"
* * Radoslava Lazarova, Iren Velkovski and Radostina Dolapchieva sent messages of elegance and style
At the end of November 2022, another important event was held, part of the socio-cultural project of the Academy of Fashion - "Evenings of Style". This time, the aesthetic focus was on formal wear. The guests enjoyed the proposals of the designers, which were related to the theme, the event was held at the Millennium Gallery with owners Vasil and Anna Banovi.
In his speech, Prof. Lubomir Stoykov - chairman of the Academy of Fashion, shared: "Formal clothing has the mission to interrupt and break everyday life, to visually emphasize the significance of the specific moment, the importance of the specific occasion. No matter how strict the dress code is for formal wear, there is plenty of room for individuality, diversity and nuance, as long as it enhances the aesthetic impact or sends an important message!
The host of the event, Hristina Bobokova - art critic and art manager, interprets the influence of painting on the development of fashion and, in particular, of formal wear. Referring specifically to Jan van Eyck's Portrait of the Arnolfini Family and John Singer Sargent's Portrait of Madame H., she noted: "Art and fashion have been inextricably linked since ancient times, and formal wear has been the focus of artists throughout the ages. This is especially well seen in representative portraits and figurative compositions of painting. Ancient, medieval, Renaissance, and modern fashion history have always reflected social, political, religious conditions in society, economic and cultural changes, moods and attitudes. The interaction between fashion and art has always been strong, immediate and natural. The role of painting is extremely important in the launch of official fashion, because art is created to influence people, it suggests, educates and imposes trends!".
In the evening, dedicated to the theme of "formal wear", several thematic works of the winners of the "Golden Needle" - Iren Velkovski, Radoslava Lazarova and Radostina Dolapchieva - were shown.
Radostina Dolapchieva - designer of fashion house Alegra and two-time Golden Needle winner - kicked off the fashion show by offering the Dara model, which is made of fine Italian tulle with embedded glitter particles. The upper part of the dress, which is a corset, is saturated with natural ostrich feathers, and the enchantment in the lower part is achieved by multiple peplums. Classic black, nude shade and rose gold are intertwined in the outfit. The outfit was presented by top model Stanimira Yotsova - Miss Velingrad 2021 and face of "KWIAT" sunglasses for summer 2022.
Iren Velkovski - designer of fashion brand Maison Estrella and winner of the "Golden Needle 2022" in the Unique Fashion category, presented the Amber dress, part of the Moonlight collection, which was first shown at the annual academy awards for Bulgarian fashion – Golden Needle. The outfit is made of silk taffeta, encrusted with Swarovski crystals and was presented by top model Madlena Ivanova.
The fashion show ended with two proposals by Radoslava Lazarova - designer of fashion brand "Blink", three-time winner of the Golden Needle. One outfit, which was presented by Veronika Stefanova - Miss World Bulgaria 2017 and face of the Golden Needle 2021 awards, was an elegant evening dress, the silhouette of which is a mermaid type, with rich lace decoration encrusted with pearls. Feminine construction cuts stood out, and the bare back was the main emphasis. The second proposal was shown by the three-year-old daughter of top model Veronika Stefanova - Angie. She paraded in a red sequined bodysuit with a red and black polka dot tulle skirt over it.
The event took place with the support of Balkantel and was honored by a number of prominent representatives of lifestyle, media, culture, art, the artistic world, diplomacy and business, including Maria Georgieva-Savova, Desi Bakardjieva, Esil Duran, Pavel Tsvetkov, Albena Alexandrova, Geri Doncheva Yankov, Emil Yankov, Rositsa Stoycheva, Desislava Kravaeva, Stela Yordanova, Maya Koseva, Victoria Lazarova, Maria Konstantinova, Ivelina Kuncheva, Nikol Predyova, Elena Kuzmova and others. Many students of Prof. Lubomir Stoykov from the majors Journalism and Media, Journalism, Public Relations and Fashion Design at NHA, UNSS and FJMK were present.
1. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with presenter Hristina Bobokova, Stanimira Yotsova, dressed in "Alegra", Madlena Ivanova, dressed in "Maison Estrella", Veronika Stefanova and her daughter Angie, dressed in "Blink" and Victoria Lazarova.
2. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with the presenter of the event Hristina Bobokova.
3. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Maria Georgieva-Savova.
4. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Madlena Ivanova, dressed in "Maison Estrella", Veronika Stefanova and Angie, dressed in "Blink" and Stanimira Yotsova, dressed in "Alegra".
5. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Irene Velkovski - designer of "Maison Estrella" and Madlena Ivanova, who is wearing the designer's outfit.
6. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Esil Duran.
7. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Geri Doncheva Yankov.
8. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Maya Koseva.
9. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Desi Bakardzhieva.
10. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with his team.
11. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Hristina Bobokova during the event.
12. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Nadia Uzun.
13. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Pavel Tsvetkov.
14. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Geri Doncheva Yankov and Emil Yankov.
15. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Rositsa Stoycheva.
16. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Evelin Pavlova.
17. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Desislava Kravaeva.
18. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Maria Konstantinova.
19. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Victoria Lazarova.
20. Prof. Lubomir Stoykov and Kalin Stoykov.
21. The host of the event Hristina Bobokova.
22. – 23. Stanimira Yotsova - Miss Velingrad 2021 and face of "KWIAT" for summer 2022, wearing an outfit by fashion house "Alegra", with designer Radostina Dolapchieva.
24. The top model Madlena Ivanova wearing an outfit of the fashion brand "Maison Estrella", with designer Irene Velkovski.
25. Designer Irene Velkovski with top model Madlena Ivanova, who presented an outfit at the new "Maison Estrella" boutique.
26. Mini model Angie - daughter of top model Veronika Stefanova, wearing an outfit from the fashion brand "Blink", with designer Radoslava Lazarova.
27. Veronika Stefanova - Miss World Bulgaria 2017 and face of "Golden Needle 2021", together with her daughter Angie, dressed in outfits of the fashion brand "Blink", with designer Radoslava Lazarova.
Photo: © Academy of Fashion / Bozhidar Markov
Read: 557 times © Fashion Lifestyle Magazine, issue 121, December 2022MORE PUBLICATIONS:
ISSUE 120: FUTURISTIC CHIC IS THE HOT AESTHETIC HIT
ISSUE 117: THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS FOR STYLE "BG FASHION ICON 2022" ARE ALREADY A FACT
ISSUE 114: AXEL HARDY: “FEMA” - AN APPEAL FOR FEMININITY
ISSUE 112: IT'S TIME FOR AN EXQUISITE FASHION SHOW FOR THE MOST STYLISH BULGARIANS
ISSUE 111: FASHION BRAND LA CARA MI EXLUSIVE BY MILA ZAHARIEVA LAUNCHES