THE BEST IN BULGARIAN FASHION RECEIVED A GOLDEN NEEDLE 2022
* The Academy of Fashion awarded the 2022 Golden Needle Awards
* * Stoyan Radichev became the designer of the year
* * * Prof. Stoykov: "The situation in the world after COVID and during war is difficult, but our fashion designers delight with their valuable messages!"
The most prestigious and coveted award for fashion in Bulgaria - Golden Needle for 2022, was awarded at a sophisticated and glamorous ceremony organized by the Academy of Fashion with chairman Prof. Lubomir Stoykov. Stoyan Radichev was awarded the prestigious Designer of the Year award. The award Fashion House of the Year - Men's Fashion went to Andrews, the creators of Alessa - Maya Topchieva and Mimi Nenkova, took the prize Fashion House of the Year - Women's Fashion. The statuette for Bridal Fashion went to Radoslava Lazarova - designer of Blink. The Mia Touché fashion brand - received the Golden Needle 2022 in the Accessories category, and Plamena Misheva became the Best Young Designer for 2022. This year, the designers were also honored in two new categories - Graduation Fashion, in which the Alegra fashion house, with designers Radostina Dolapchieva and Galya Dolapchieva, won the Golden Needle 2022, and Unique Fashion, in which Iren Velkovski, designer of Maison Estrella, was awarded the prize. In addition to the Golden Needle, the Academy of Fashion honored Dilyan Markov with its annual awards in the Fashion Photographer category, and in the Fashion Makeup Artist category, the award went to Alina Manova.
In his speech at the opening of the evening, Professor Lubomir Stoykov stated: "As the most significant award for fashion design and lifestyle, the Golden Needle has established itself over the decades. The statistical fact that this highest prize for achievements in fashion in our country has been awarded for 28 years is sufficiently convincing that the native fashion industry in Bulgaria is developing, that fashion creativity and fashion business are bearing new wonderful fruits. Our designers and style-setters send their messages of beauty and practicality, and media, journalists, bloggers and influencers in the field of art and visual culture follow and encourage them with their nominations, their publications and - of course, their admirations. The situation in fashion design and fashion business during war, global economic crisis and post-COVID pandemic is difficult and problematic. Despite it, however, designers, stylists, make-up artists, photographers do not give up, but please us with more and more beautiful and valuable works. They will delight us tonight as well - on the podium of Golden Needle 2022. Let us thank them and worship them!".
The award-winning designers received the Golden Needle statuette, made by the iconic Bulgarian jeweler Angelo Krasini, and the chairman of the Academy of Fashion presented a certificate to all the winners of the annual awards of the Academy of Fashion. Previous winners of the Golden Needle prize in various categories took part in the ceremony: Albena Alexandrova, Sofia Borisova, Eliza Popova, Milka Alexandrova - Buchi and Axel Hardy. For the first time, the young designer Doroteya Borisova took part with an independent collection for Romantic Fashion.
Mrs. Doroteya Nikolova - executive director and member of the Board of Directors of DSK Bank, gave Plamena Misheva a certificate for the bank's traditional special cash award in the Best Young Designer category. Among the participants in the ceremony were also Mr. Pavel Tsvetkov - owner of the Bulgarian brand of glasses KWIAT, Mr. Hristo Durchev - executive director of Balkantel, Mrs. Kristina Patrashkova - commentator on the show Na Kafe on Nova TV , editor-in-chief of the magazine Filter and winner of the BG Fashion Icon award of the Academy of Fashion, Mrs. Hristina Bobokova - art critic and art manager, Mrs. Elena Karakoleva - business lady and winner of the BG fashion icon award , Mrs. Tanya Skrinska - businesswoman and two-time winner of the BG Fashion Icon award, Mrs. Mila Zaharieva - chairman of International Fashion Connection and designer of La Cara Mi Exclusive, Mrs. Ivelina Kuncheva - TV host at Nova TV and Nova News, etc.
After the official ceremony, the award-winning fashion designers had their individual presentation with collections and artistic performances specially prepared for the Academy of Fashion Golden Needle 2022 annual awards show.
Among the VIP guests, bright representatives of culture, art, medicine and business stood out, such as Violina Marinova, Iliyana Zaharieva, Prof. Georgi Popov, Prof. Yonko Mermerski, Valeria Veleva, Desi Bakardzhieva, Esil Duran, Semra Shenel, Ivo Krastev, Maria Boneva , Dr. Tsvete Gesheva, Ani Vladimirova, Judy Halvadzhiyan, Maxim Behar, Asparuh Karastoyanov, Marina Kiskinova, stylist Kapanov, Iliyan Terziev, Lidiya Angelova, Maya Koseva, Zornitsa Atanasova, Zhana Zhekova, Maria Micheva, Ina Assa, Teodora Spasova, Kostadin Krastev – Koko, Irina Papazova and others.
The host of the glamorous event was Geri Doncheva Yankov, who shone in dresses by Alegra and Stoyan Radichev. The face of this year's Golden Needle awards - Ekaterina Svecheva, opened the evening with an individual catwalk, dressed in an outfit by Sofia Borisova - a three-time winner of the Golden Needle, and some of our most popular models took part in the fashion show: Veronika Stefanova - Miss Bulgaria World 2017 and face of Golden Needle 2021, the winner of the title Miss Bulgaria Maria Voikova, as well as Elisaveta Stoyanova - Gareva, Nikol Predyova, Madlena Ivanova, Stanimira Yotsova, Desislava Harizanova and others. Famous opera singers Ilina Mihailova and Reinaldo Droz took part in the gala evening.
Make-up and hairstyles were taken care of by the MAC Cosmetics team of professional make-up artists and V&A Glamor beauty salons. The annual fashion awards ceremony ended with a sophisticated cocktail party.
Golden Needle 2022 is realized with the courtesy of: Lavazza cafe, DSK Bank, Balkantel, Ariana Hall, Ramada Sofia hotel, KWIAT, V&A Glamour, MAC Cosmetics, Nedelya, Cesare Paciotti , Samokov Hotel, Talisman Flower Boutique, International Fashion Connection and Thorax Clinics.
- Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with the designers - winners of the Golden Needle 2022 prize.
- Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Dilyan Markov, who received the prize of the Academy of Fashion in the category Fashion Photographer of the year and Mrs. Mila Zaharieva.
- Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Alina Manova, who received an annual prize of the Academy of Fashion in the category Fashion Makeup Artist, Eliza Popova and Elena Karakoleva.
- Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Plamena Misheva – best young designer for 2022, Anton Uzunov and Mrs. Doroteya Nikolova.
- Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with the designers of the Alegra fashion house - winner of the Golden Needle 2022 in the Graduation Fashion category, Mrs. Tanya Skrinska and Sofia Borisova.
- Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Maria Radoslavova - winner of the Golden Needle 2022 in the Accessories category, Pavel Tsvetkov and Milka Alexandrova - Buchi.
- Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Radoslava Lazarova - winner of the Golden Needle 2022 in the Bridal Fashion category and Mr. Hristo Durchev.
- Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Irene Velkovski - winner of the Golden Needle 2022 in the Unique Fashion category, Albena Alexandrova and Kristina Patrashkova.
- Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with the creators of fashion house Alessa - winner of Golden Needle 2022 in the category Fashion House of the Year - Women's Fashion, Radostina Dolapchieva and Ivelina Kuncheva.
- Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Tanya Todorova - representative of fashion house Andrews - winner of Golden Needle 2022 in the category Fashion House of the Year - Men's Fashion and Hristina Bobokova.
- Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with Stoyan Radichev - designer of 2022, Geri Doncheva Yankov - dressed in his outfit, and Radoslava Lazarova.
- Prof. Lubomir Stoykov together with all the recipients of the Annual Academy of Fashion Awards.
Photo: © Academy of Fashion / Hilife: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12
Photo: © Academy of Fashion / Kiril Alexandrov: 2, 4, 9, 11
Read: 191 times © Fashion Lifestyle Magazine, issue 121, December 2022MORE PUBLICATIONS:
ISSUE 117: Bulgarian Fashion Association part of a new cluster alliance
ISSUE 115: THE GOLDEN NEEDLE CEREMONY SPARKED EXTRAORDINARY INTEREST
ISSUE 111: Kingston University students with innovative sustainable ideas
ISSUE 107: ACADEMY OF FASHION AWARDS “RISING STAR 2020” FOR THE FIRST TIME
ISSUE 106: THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS FASHION AWARDS IN BULGARIA WERE AWARDED