THE SEXUAL ADDICTION
Nowadays, when sex has transformed in pawn, there are more and more problems related to it. The attitude of the contemporary man to the sex varies – from complete denial to a deep addiction. What causes these manifestations? Are there precognitions for their genesis? What are the symptoms and how we can define them more precisely?
The sexual addiction is a term that describes the behavior of a man with unusual strong sexual wish and dependence to the making of sex. This thought often obsesses the addicted and prevent the normal flow of their daily round. The sexual addiction is not included in the register with the mental derangements, but it is a form of psychological dependence. It is often compared with the alcoholism and with the narcotic addiction, because they have similar manifestations and symptoms.
The sexual addicted people are with distracted thinking and in some cases they justify their behavior and blame the rest of the people for their problems. The sexual addiction is also related to the taking of the risks. In this condition man participates in different forms of sexual activities, although the possibility of negative consequences. In addition to the destroying relations, the addicted often are put under risk of emotional and physical traumas. At some people the addiction progresses and it is expressed under the form of illegal activities as exhibitionism, phone sex etc.
Here are some of the symptoms of sexual addiction:
- A great number of relations and permanent changes of the sexual partners;
- An irresistible wish for self-sufficiency;
- Dependence to porno movies and to pornographic magazines;
- Practicing of risky sex;
- Practicing of phone or cyber sex;
- Prostitution or turning to paid services;
Here it is very important to underline that the addicted to the sex receive too little pleasure from the act itself and they don’t succeed to establish an emotional relation with their partner.
The most of the people with such kind of problem reject their addiction, that’s why the treatment of this dependence is defined individually. In the most of the cases the turning to specialist is provoked by an event or by an unpleasant incident that is a result of sexual behavior – loss of job, divorce, arrest or healthy problem. The treatment is directed to mastering and controlling of the behavior and development of healthy sexual behavior. In some of the cases the doctors turn even to medicamentous treatment.
Are you addicted to the sex?
If the most of your answers arepositive, you have to think seriously ofyour behavior. The questions are part of the book “Don’t call it love: Recovery of sexual addiction” byP. J. Carnes.
- Do you buy often magazines with pornographic content?
- Does engage the thought of sex and its practicing the most part of your time?
- Do you think that your sexual behavior is normal?
- Does complain your husband/your wife of your sexual behavior?
- Do you feel badly because of your sexual behavior?
- Do you hide from your partner some aspects of your sexual behavior?
- Is it happening to you to be incapable to control your sexual behavior, although the thought that it isn’t right?
Read: 7593 times © Fashion Lifestyle Magazine, issue 14, September 2008MORE PUBLICATIONS:
ISSUE 13: DOES FENG SHUI INFLUENCE AT THE GOOD SEX
ISSUE 12: THE SEXUAL THERAPY – A CURE FOR INTIMACY
ISSUE 11: WITH CHILDREN TO THE SEASIDE
ISSUE 10: A WEDDING STORY WITH A SURPRISING PLOT
ISSUE 8: THE LACK OF SEX IN ONE COUPLE LEaDS TO LESS OF LOVE
ISSUE 8: THE ANNUNCIATION \25TH OF MARCH\